Monday, June 16, 2008

Back to Paradise


Marie and John spent early June attending CoffeeFest on the Big Island. Marie improved her barista skills with a 5-hr. training while John haggled to find space in the espresso machine repair class. They stayed at the Lyman Farms organic plantation 2000 ft. above the Kona airport and learned about woofers and cherry. They also met some interesting (albeit laid-back) creatures along the way. And beside excellent coffee, the team returned with new recipes including Wasabi potato salad.

1 comment:

alex said...

Aloha John & Marie,
So glad to see you had visited the Big Island for the Coffee fest, wish I could've gotten there. I used to live in Baker City a little less than a year ago, and worked at the Baker City Herald. Alas, the cold got to my arthritis, and I returned home to Hawaii (on Oahu). I was lucky enough to visit your restaurant and loved, loved, your awesome food...I sure wish you could open a place here in Hawaii..
Wishing you Merry Christmas & Happy New Year...Blessings upon you and your business. Take care,
A Hui Ho...
Alexis Hartford